Dear Friends,
Good Morning!
This first half of Week 09 has come as a real
eye-opener for me. After going through many scholarly and academically rich
articles from Gardener, Felder and O’Connor, I felt that I know nothing about
my students and have been teaching them as if they are statues of clay.
The concept of NINE
INTELLIGENCES and its compulsory presence in every person with individual
variations and combinations was an absolute discovery for me. With this, I also
realized that it is not my students who are lagging behind the world. But it is
there teacher, I, who should get his knowledge updated very quickly.
Then I read more about
different learning styles and tried to understand the Felder-Silverman model of
distinguishing the Learners.
The varied activities suggested for all types of students with the predominant intelligence among the Nine Intelligences are quite useful and suggestive enough to plan more like that.
I feel that the more I
will read about it, the more it will be helpful to me in planning my Classroom
strategies and designing activities for 130 students with varied intelligences.
Ever-eager to learn more…….
Cheers to all
Shirish More
No comments:
Post a Comment