Friday, June 8, 2012

Week-09- Knowing about MI/LS and the Final Project


Dear Friends,
A warm Good Morning to all!
While reflecting on the gains of this week, I must state that it was again an enriching week.
In the first half of the Week, I was busy in giving final shape to my Final Project Plan Report. I must thank Mohini and Aida for being generous enough to accept me as their team member. Then my special thanks are due to Aida for being critical enough while assessing and reviewing my Draft Report and for giving invaluable suggestions. Thank you Aida!
While finalizing the Report, I was always thinking about its actual implementation. I felt a bit envious for all those Fellow teachers who got the chance of trying everything out and sharing the finding with others. I will have to wait a little longer and more painfully the Course will be over by that time.
Then I began my journey in the World of MI and LS.
As I shared with you all in my first blog that knowing about the Nine Intelligences and Different Learning Styles was kind of a discovery for me. It reminded me of my severe dearth of knowledge.
Entering into the MI/LS Zone of the Students can really be an eye-opener. Till date, I never thought of it. But now on, with the help of technology generated tools like quizzes, inventories or questionnaire, I may be able to find out the differences in the Learning Styles of my students. This will really help  me in planning and designing my Teaching Plan in a better way.
Moreover the awareness about the different MIs will be helpful in selecting and implementing some purposeful activities.
So let me try something new for me and my students……………….
Cheers
Shirish More

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shirish,
    This week has been quite intense ,hasn't it? I wasn't very familiar with LS/MI but the important thing is that we do now! I'm also go to give my students quizzes so that they become aware of the type of learners they are and so that I can adapt my teaching to that.
    Bye,
    Mari Carmen

    ReplyDelete