Dear Friends from Team Janine,
A Hearty Good Morning to you all!
I am still not able to believe that even Week 10 is
coming to a close. This is unbelievable. As it is said, good time passes
quickly, so has happened with us.
From April 09 to today, June 15, we all travelled
wonderfully on an academic journey.
During this journey, my biggest gain was to have for
ever a teacher like Janine and friends like you from the different parts of the
world.
When I joined this course, I had very little idea
about the huge store of material and tools available for teachers and students.
But during these ten weeks and in your esteemed company, I tried to learn many
things.
For me, the revisit to all the four skills and a
deep delving into it was the first major gain. It is because this is the very
foundation of our profession.
Secondly, as far as the most successful areas are
concerned, I feel that the understanding and the use of PBL, WebQuest and
Rubric; Finding and using the different Search Engines, the drafting of Technology-Enhanced
Lessons and knowing about the Management of Large Classrooms were the real
learning gains.
I realized that rubistar and zunal for creation of
rubrics, PBL and WebQuest were the most significant links. Moreover use of ANVILL,,
creation of Interactive PPTs, creation of personal and class blog, sharing of
links through Delicious Page, technological tools as per the Learning Styles of
the Students and creation of games and tests through test-maker or
crossword-puzzles were the tools that a teacher like me can never forget in
this life and would love to use it wherever and whenever it will be possible to
do so.
The course was so meticulously planned that I don’t
think there was anything irrelevant.
Moreover, for me, it is not the end of the course.
Rather, it is the end of just a pre-course training and the real course will
start when my term will start in July.
So eager to try everything out,
With all the best wishes and warm regards to Janine,
Team Oregon and my dear fellow friends and special thanks to Janine for guiding
me during the course,
All cheers and Keep in touch…….
Shirish More
Thank you Shirish for all your contributions,
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best and I can see you got an attractive beginning with your class!
I am sure you are going to help them a lot with that big portfolio you have with you now.
Look forward to hear about your experiences.
Warm regards,
Aida