Saturday, May 5, 2012

Blog on Week 04


A warm Hello to all the Fellow Participants!
Again the time has come to reflect on the Learning Outcomes of the week.
It means that even Week 4 has come to an end. That’s why it is said good time flies like anything.
For me it was again a wonderful week which was full of multi-dimensional learning.
To begin with the Reading-Writing Skills, I found myself in an all together new world after reading the article of Jarek Krajka. That article showed me new direction of exploring reading and writing topics and material. Later the links provided through our course guidelines opened a huge treasure of information before me. And I realized that with the help of technology, Teaching-Learning can be made an enjoyable experience.
But Krajka again reminded me about the limitations of these resources while implementing in the classrooms like Time management and ability of the students to become one with an entirely different context. So I learnt that these things can be used with some modifications and adaptations.
The Technology-Enhanced Lesson Plan was again real pleasure as far as learning was concerned. Till date, I knew only the traditional way of preparing a lesson plan. I never thought that technology can become a part of Lesson Planning. Initially I was at loss of how to prepare it. But after giving a couple of reading to the provided links, I got some idea and tried to prepare one for my class. It is based on Composition Skill (To prepare a Tourist Leaflet.)
But in the process, I also learnt how to use Website for exploring material in order to make the Lessons more interesting.
The Project Task about the Issues related with Class room gave me the platform to share my concerns with all. I always struggled with many classroom problems but I found no one to discuss them and have guidance from. Moreover this task gave me the opportunity to think about the major concerns first.
I feel that at the end of this course I will have some direction to move on if not the perfect solutions.
So it was a great fun-filled learning week.
Hoping to have such fun in the coming weeks.
Cheers!
Shirish More

1 comment:

  1. Dera Shirish
    I agree with you when you said "I realized that with the help of technology, Teaching-Learning can be made an enjoyable experience." And also make students and teachers autuomous and always thinking creatively.
    "So I learnt that these things can be used with some modifications and adaptations." You are right we as teacher always needs to think about our students and their levels as well as the classroom situation and remember what suites you might not be sutiable for me.
    There is a proverbe said " cut your coat according to your cloth"...
    Naif Alabri
    thanks

    ReplyDelete