Dear Friends
A Pleasant Evening to all!
This is all about our Project Task.
Before I proceed, I want to say that the Class which
was going on when our course started has also completed its term.
So now I don’t have any class going on to experiment
these technological tools.
I am sorry to add that all the classes will resume
on 1st of July.
So I will be left with no option but to try out
these things later.
Now coming back to our task, I mentioned that I
regularly face the following problems:-
·
The students are expected to face an
interview at the entry point in a Professional College. But they are not able
to communicate clearly, correctly and confidently.
·
With 45 students in this Class and
nearly 130 in other ones, giving individual attention becomes impossible and
also runs into the problem of Time Management.
·
Apart from speaking, they are also
required to draft an Application, a C.V. and some Composition like a Tourist
Leaflet. But checking all these assignments and explaining every shortcoming to
each student again is a daunting task.
But to start with, I have decided to focus on the
First issue. I feel that my students should be able to express themselves.
For this I tried and browsed through many sites for
useful material and tools.
The links which I found to be useful are as
follows:-
·
www.socialmedia.biz/.../5-ways-to-improve-your-presentation-skills/
·
www.mindtools.com › Communication Skills
·
www.interpersonalskills.co.uk/what/what.cfm
Moreover I have also decided to create a rubric for
this with the help of ‘rubistar’.
I hope that in the coming days I will be able to
focus and modify it more closely.
Rest Cheers!
Shirish More
Very nice ideas you have there Shirish. I think that the use of these materials and tools will help your students to express themselves but mostly the practice! They need to experience a real conversation in order to produce one too and the use of a rubric will help them know what is it that you expect them to achieve.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Chiara.