Dear Fellow Teachers
Good Evening.
Half way through this journey, we all have learnt a
lot in each other’s company.
But what I learnt this week was really enriching for
me.
To start with, I got the very idea that there is
something called as Project Based Learning (PBL). As I read the related
articles and browsed through the suggested links, my world got more and more
rich and I began thinking about its usage in my actual classroom.
Even browsing of different sub-links of Web-Quest
opened many new facets before me. The variety of topics suggested there for PBL
can be enough for a teacher to undertake as many tasks as possible if there is
no prescribed textbook to teach for the year.
Then I entered in another new world of Rubrics. Till
I went through the related article and then “Rubistar”, I had no idea that even
such a guided journey in the world of assessment can be arranged for the
students. The technique of creating rubric was a novel concept for me and a
great learning experience when I actually created a rubric on Rubistar.
I feel that both PBL and use of rubrics is possible
in my class for teaching and then assessing different composition items.
I am sure my students will enjoy this change.
Hoping to learn more…..
Shirish More
Hi Shirish,
ReplyDeleteYou are right. Rubirc star is a very creative and helpful tool. I am sure that our students will like this way of assessing their performance as they will be sure that we won't neglect any aspect and every step / effort will be evaluated. Being sure that rheir performance will be evaluated in an reasonable steps is very motivating.
Samira
I am glad to read that you are actually planning how to use PBL in your classroom already. As you mentioned, learning experiences of this week, are filling even more our treasure chest! Since you do not have a establish text book for the year, PBL, rubrics and WebQuest are going to be excellent tools to use in your classroom.
ReplyDeleteI am sure that you are going to benefit of scaffolding group of learners for them to create tons of different projects. And as Samira said it will be very motivating for them to know that they can learn from the evaluation process. Please make sure you share with us your results!
Greetings
Aida